Komet Sales allows the uploading of vendor invoices in order to synchronize them with your company's External Accounting System. If the company has a QuickBooks integration active, the user will have the option to synchronize Vendor invoices with QuickBooks.
To enable the QuickBooks integration please contact Komet Sales.
To be able to synchronize vendor invoices with the external accounting system follow the instructions below:
The vendor must confirm and ship the purchase order, and upload their invoice to Komet following the instructions provided in Upload invoices to Komet.
The Accounting and Procurement users must approve the invoice by following the Workflow to Approve Vendor Invoices instructions.
Once approved, go to Accounts Payable (A/P) > PO Reconciliation > click on the Actions button and select the option "Send to External System". At this point, the Vendor Invoice Status will be changed to "Sent to External System". This process takes a second unless the invoice is unable to be synchronized.
Following this, the system will synchronize the data from Komet with the external system, and once done the Vendor Invoice Status column will change to "S" (Synchronized).
Finally, the invoice will be synchronized with the External System and the user will be able to process payments for that invoice within the external system.
The system will only synchronize vendor invoices approved by Procurement and Accounting users.
For Companies Using Quickbooks
The following items must be taken into account when using the QuickBooks Integration with Komet.
- The vendor account within Komet should have the same Accounting Name as the one assigned in QuickBooks in Komet Sales:
Make sure both names are exactly the same.
- The Purchase Order in Komet will be transferred as a "Bill" in QB.
- The Bills Reference Number in QB will be composed by the Purchase Order number and the vendor invoice number assigned in Komet.
- The Bills Date in QB will be the same as the Ship Date in Komet.
- A Bill Item must be first created in QB.
- By the default, the product description in QB will always be "Fresh Cut Flowers", but there is also the option to use the product description already created within QB. If you want to use a product description different from "Fresh Cut Flowers", please contact us so we can make any necessary adjustments.
- The Bills totals in QB will be the same as the Komet PO total.
- The PO must be associated to a vendor with an Accounting Name.
- The PO must have an invoice number which is the one the vendor uploads from the Grower Portal.
If using different QuickBooks classes, please contact Komet Sales to have this option enabled.
- The user must have an admin role in QuickBooks.
- This setup will only work for the Desktop version of QuickBooks.
Generating the komet_sales.qwc File:
In order to setup QuickBooks, follow the steps below:
Contact Komet Sales to activate this option.
Once the option has been activated, Komet will notify you, so you can proceed with the integration.
Next go to "Setup" > "Settings" > "Integrations" > "QuickBooks".
A pop-up window called "QuickBooks" will appear.
Click on the "Download" link to download a file called komet_sales.qwc. This file is for users to configure the integration between Komet Sales and QuickBooks. The user should then add the file in QuickBooks.
Adding the komet_sales.qwc File into QuickBooks
Log on to your QuickBooks account to continue with the integration and follow the instructions below:
Click on File> Update web services.
A new window will pop-up, click on the "Add an application" button.
A window to select the file needed will pop up. Look for the "komet_sales.qwc" file.
The Authorize New Web Service window will pop-up showing the file information. Click on the "Ok" button.
The system will prompt you to specify the permissions that should be given. Please choose the "Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open" option and click on Continue. Another window called Access Confirmation will appear; you should click on Done.
Find the Komet Sales application within QuickBooks in order to add the password (token integration) provided by Komet Sales, this is mandatory.
Make sure of creating a token from your Komet Sales account without any API method associated, the description could be "Quickbooks ". This token can be used within the Quickbooks system as a password.
To complete the activation, check the box on the left side of the Komet Sales option in the "Application" column, followed by clicking on "Update Selected" button.