Tokens are an authentication mechanism that allows access to the API methods for the company.
To setup a token, please follow these instructions:
- Go to Setup > Settings and click on the "Tokens" link.
- If a new token needs to be created, click on the New Token green button located on the right-hand side of the window.
- Select which Token Type needs to be added: Company, Customer or Vendor.
- Input the information requested in order to complete the process:
- Enter the token description, for example, "managing inventory".
- Select the API method needed from the list available, in this case, "inventory.add".
- Click on the Generate button and the system will create a token composed of numbers and letters. If the token was created for a Customer, the token must be sent to the customer.
- Click on Save.
- If the token needs to be edited, go to the "Actions" column, click on "Edit" and Save.
The token type Customer will only have access to one method. This method for the customer is so they can have access to all the invoices information.