Komet Sales provides the ability to connect with FTD so your inventory is automatically sent to FTD and you can start receiving orders directly from their customers.
- The inventory synchronizes every 5 minutes in FTD website so it is possible that inventory that does not exist anymore in Komet, still appears in FTD.
- Orders created through the API will have 1.5% of transaction fee based on the order amount.
How does this option work?
By using some of the available API methods, you, as a Company that uses Komet Sales, will be able to synchronize your open market inventory with FTD system. Once an order is placed in FTD with one of your products, an invoice will be created in your Komet account automatically.
- You have open market inventory available to be sold to your FTD customer.
- Your inventory will be synchronized and sent to FTD system every 5 minutes.
- Final Customer buys products from the FTD website.
- Once the final customer checks out the order, the system will create an invoice in your Komet account (Using the API methods web-order.create and web-order-item.add) Your sales rep proceeds to confirm the order.
How to set up the Integration?
This integration must be set up in three different moments: create the tokens type customer, secondly, obtain the customer ID, thirdly, obtain your company ID, and lastly, send the tokens and the customer ID to FTD.
Follow the next instructions to create some tokens for FTD and once it's done, send this token to the FTD team so they can integrate their FTD account with your Komet account.
Go to Setup> Settings
Click on Tokens, under Integrations settings.
The tokens window will open. Click on New Token.
Enter the token description, select Customer in the Token Type dropdown menu and proceed to check the following API methods:
Make sure you enter the customer that corresponds to FTD in your system while associating the tokens type customers methods, as in the next image:
Copy the token composed of numbers and letters to send it to FTD. Click on Save.
FTD need the customer ID that represents FTD in your account. To obtain this, follow the next instructions:
Go to Setup>>Customers.
Use the available filters to search for the FTD customer.
Click on Export to Excel.
In the Excel file, copy the Id column.
FTD also needs to know the Company ID that represents your Company in Komet Sales.
To obtain your company ID, click on your account's profile icon and you will see your company's ID listed on the drop-down menu:
Proceed to send the created tokens and the customer ID to the FTD team so they can set up the integration.
- Customer Token
- Customer ID
- Company ID
In case you want to have this option enabled, please contact us.