This section contains general questions that could be useful during warehouse management processes.
There are two different ways to return a box:
- By Deleting a Product Line from an Invoice: The box is automatically returned back to the inventory provided that there are not payments applied. If any payment has been applied to the invoice, you must cancel the payment first and the you can proceed to delete the payment.
- By processing a Customer Credit: Notice that there is a option to return the product back to the inventory in case the product is still suitable for sale. Once you check this option and save the credit, the system will be returned to the inventory with a new box number (the older box code will remain associated to the invoice credited).
If your company is considering moving to a different handling company this article will provide a list of items that you need to take care of in order to have a successful transition.
The following items need to be setup in Komet by a System Administrator:
- Setup a new shipping / inventory user in the system following.
- Setup a new scanning user in the system.
- Create a new integration token (when required and needed by the warehouse) with access to the needed methods.
- Update the Armellini and/or Prime EDI options based on the accounts that will be used during the shipping process.
The Following Items Need to be Setup by the Handler:
Set up the Scanners with the user/password provided.
Provide the public IP address that will be used by the scanners (please contact Komet Support to process this request).
Establish the dates the cut off from one handler to the next will take place and notify Komet accordingly.
Barcode labels are used within Komet and printed by Vendors and Warehouses. All of the system labels are designed to be printed in 4" x 3" labels. Since labels are generated as a PDF file, these can be easily printed using any barcode label printer. Due to the amount of labels printed on a daily basis in any operation, companies should consider using an industrial level barcode label printer to operate more efficiently.
In case you have the POD enabled, but the files are not being processed, please follow the next steps and try again:
Make sure that the POD component in turned on by contacting an IT professional. They will verify that the Java process is running or a service name KometPODUploader-PRODUCTION is ongoing.
In case the POD component is turned on, it must be restarted by the IT professional.
Make sure that the POD numbers within the Pending folder have the next structure: invoice number.pdf ("pdf" must be in lower case).
If the POD still does not process files, contact us so we can help you. The support team will ask you for the log (Located on c:\temp or c:\windows\temp, file named kometsales_pod_process.log).