This section provides answers to common questions related to sales processes such as reports, billing, GPM calculation among others.
The GPM is calculated using the following formula:
Here are some important facts to keep in mind:
- Total Sales does not include the additional charges nor the fuel surcharge.
- Total Cost includes freight & handling, unit flower cost, duties, inbound truck freight, and other charges and costs associated. The system will use the real freight once it's entered for each AWB. When the real freight is not entered, the system will use the estimated values entered in the Financial Settings.
There may be a variety of reasons why the Automatic Billing cannot be carried out. In any case, a message will appear on the Inventory Summary, next to the product name informing it. For more information, refer to Automatic Billing Issues.
In order to know which Prebooks are associated to the items within an Invoice, go to Order Summary>>Order Summary. Use the available filters to find a given Invoice. Click on the details button. The system will list all the Prebooks associated to the Invoice. If you click on the Prebook number, the system will open the Add Prebook screen, in order to modify the details of the Prebook.
You can also see the Prebooks associated to invoice items in units when adding or editing an already existing invoice. The Prebook number column will appear. Click on it to modify a given Prebook.
- This option only works if the customer and location of the Prebook match with the customer and location of the Invoice.
- When several Prebook items in units have been associated to a single item within a Invoice, the system will display three dots after the Prebook number and the mark code.
- For Prebooks Generated Through E-commerce (Check-out): when an e-commerce type Prebook order is generated (products coming from VA, K2K and Future Sales), the system will always send notifications to the salesperson and the customer. The system allows sending a copy of these notifications to the emails entered in the field Send Check-Out Notification To on the customer setup and E-commerce settings. For K2K products, the system will always send a notification to the salesperson of the Buyer Company and to the Salesperson of the Vendor Company.
- For Orders Generated Through E-commerce (Check-out): When the customer places an Order from e-commerce, the system will always send a notification to the email entered in the of the customer setup and to the salesperson of the order. In case the company wants to enter additional email addresses to send a copy of the checkout notification, this can done either from the customer advance set up or from the e-commerce settings.
- For cancelation of K2K orders by the Buyer Company: when the Vendor Company cancels a K2K Order, the system will always send a notification to the customer of the order (In this case, the Buyer Company>>). The Buyer company has the possibility of entering additional email addresses to receive a copy of the cancelation from the field Send K2K Cancel Notification To, available on e-commerce settings.
- For confirmation of a K2K order non-checked-out yet: If this is the case the items that have not been checked out will be deleted from the order once it is confirmed. In the Vendor Company the system will send a notification to the the email entered in the
- For K2K Orders Checked Out from the Buyer Company: Once a order with K2K products is checked out from the Buyer Company (either by the final customer or a salesperson) the system will always send a notification to the customer, the salesperson of the Buyer Company and the Salesperson of the Vendor Company.
The order number is always included in the subject line of the emails.
Once a box is opened, the units might be automatically billed or go directly to the units inventory. The price displayed on the units inventory will be the maximum price between all the consolidated units (as well as the maximum landed cost). The price assigned to them depends on several factors:
- For Boxes Manually Opened: the unit price will be assigned in the following order of priority:
- Price per Unit set up in the Staging Area Pricing screen.
- Unit Price entered while opening the box.
- If the user does not enter a price and the setting Be changed to the price of the last same item that was added to the inventory is enabled, the system will assign the last price assigned to a inventory line with the same product description, unit type and product pack.
- Price A of the Inventory line.
- For Boxes Automatically Billed and Opened: The system will assign the unit price in the next order of priority for those products:
- Price per Unit set up in the Staging Area Pricing screen.
- When the setting Be changed to the price of the last same item that was added to the inventory is enabled, the system will assign to the product the last price assigned to a inventory line with the same product description, unit type and product pack.
- The price A of the Inventory>>Pricing>>Staging Area screen.
After having considered the information above, and if the setting Remain the same as the price of the unit within the opened box is enabled, the system will apply the Price Markup to that price (if enabled), however, if the users changes manually the price, the system will not longer apply the markup.
Automatic Billing of products in units
The system will bill the products in units with the price assigned in the prebook, however, if the setting Landed Cost as Price is enabled for a given customer, the system will use the landed cost of the inventory line to assign a selling price.
There may be a variety of reasons why a credit card payment is not processed.
- Keep in mind that the system only allows to process credit card payments through Clearent with IPs within the United States and Ecuador. External IPs are not allowed.
- Make sure that your company's currency and your customer's currency is USD.
- Payment failed. There was an error connecting to the terminal: check your connection and try again.
- Payment failed. Your payment session has timed out: try again, and if the problem continues, contact Clearent's support team or Komet Sales Team.
- Payment failed. The payment may have been cancelled or the terminal is in use: wait a couple of minutes and try again.
- Payment failed. Possible duplicate payment detected: verify that the order has not been paid yet from the Payment History.
- Payment failed. Not sufficient funds: contact your customer so they can provide you a different form of payment.
- Payment failed. Consult the card terminal or receipt for more details: try again and if the problem persists, contact the Clearent Team.