There are several billing options that make possible to create invoices automatically or manually, as needed. Features such as Mass Allocation and Automatic Billing can make a difference during an operation. However, for items that need to be manually invoiced, the user can do so under the Order Entry tab. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+o to create a new order anywhere in the system.
How to Create an Order
Go to Order Entry > Add Order. Select the Customer, Date, Carrier, and Customer PO or Ref. # (if applicable). After selecting the customer, the system will display general information about the customer such as Salesperson, Aging, Shipping Address, Payment Method, notes, CRM link, and more. Also, there you have the option to change the Ship To and add Order Notes.
Save the information and start adding items by clicking on the Add items green button.
Once you click on Add Items, the Inventory window will open. There are two views for adding products: single mode and bulk mode (see Order Entry Options and Custom Columns). For adding products in the single mode, click on Add in the actions column. To start adding a product in the bulk mode, simply begin searching for the product that needs to be added, fill in the "Qty" and change the price if needed, if not, press the "Enter" key to add the item.
Notice you can also add products from future inventory, units (when the Sell By Units Setting in enabled) and hard goods. To sell products from the future inventory, once you click on the Future tab, click on Add in the Actions column, and complete the required information either for boxes or for units.
Once you have added the required items, close the Inventory window. The items added at the bottom of the General Order Information. Click on Save if everything is correct.
If the Ship Date of the order is greater than 8 days in regard to the current time, the system will ask for a validation as the following once you try to Save the order. To continue, enter the word ACKNOWLEDGE and click on Yes, Continue (this button will appear once you enter the confirmation word).
A similar validation will appear when you try to Save an order which is in the past.
If for any reason, a user enters a product quantity that exceeds the available quantity, the system will display a notification as the following:
If the user enters the word "ok" and clicks on OK, the system will enter all the available quantity in the quantity field, and the user will be able to add it to the order. If the user clicks on Cancel, the user will have to enter a different quantity. This applies for boxes, units, and hard goods and it also occurs when trying to edit an order entering a quantity greater than the availability.
Note: If the setting Sell Over Available Quantity is enabled, this option won't work.
- If a customer has multiple ship to's, the users can select the one they need from this screen as well.
- If the Salesperson Code setting is enabled, under the Add Order screen, the field for Salesperson Code will appear to select a code from. Also, if under the settings there is a code selected as 'default', the system will automatically default to that specific code. For more information on how to set up a Salesperson Code, please read the following article: Setup Company Users & User Options.
- Additional charges can be added to an order, to learn how to do this please refer: How to Invoice Additional Charges and Additional Invoice Charges.
- Temporary Invoices can also be activated by contacting Komet. You can learn more about this by reading Using Temporary Invoice Numbers.
- For the users to be able to change the Salesperson in the invoice, please refer to the next article: Setup Order Entry Options.
- If you want to hide the Aging and GPM column per line when creating the order, you have the option of using the shortcut: Ctrl + U, or by activating the User Option: Hide Sensitive Data on Sales Screen for each salesperson company user. For more details review: Company User Roles.
- When the user is invoicing Open Market Units, the system will take into account the Default Price A or Price B setting within the customer's account, including any Price B markup/markdown over Price A that may have been pre-configured.
- While adding products remember the system will only display inventory On Hand having an arrival date previous to the Order Date when the Inventory rotation is activated.
While adding products to the invoices, the system allows to see the landed cost component just by double-clicking on the product name. Notice that the system calculates the landed cost per unit and per box. This option will not work if the option Hide Sensitive Data is enabled.
- The system, by default, will associate a salesperson to the order based on the salesperson that was assigned to that customer.
- The user is allowed to override the salesperson that was entered previously on the order by changing the"Salesperson" field if the "Allow salespeople to change the salesperson of the order" setting is enabled on Order Entry Options.
To have this setting enabled or disabled, follow either link below:
If the Inventory rotation is enabled (also for the salespersons), the system gives you the option of consolidating the lines with the same product, even if they belong to different vendors. For doing that check the Group Vendors Box (or press the V key from the Qty or Unit Price field).
Notice that the system will consolidate the same product lines, even if they have a different price (the system will show a weighted average price) unless the Separate lines by price option is checked.