Komet Sales provides different options for users to configure the company's E-commerce settings.
In order to configure your E-Commerce settings follow these steps:
Go to Setup > Settings > E-Commerce and click on the E-Commerce Settings link.
The "E-Commerce Settings" window will pop up, displaying all available options:
Max Age: Products that have an aging greater than this value will not be included within the availability. Leave blank to ignore this setting. The user can customize this setting per customer. To see more information please refer to Customer "Advanced" Setup.
- Min Age: Products that have an aging lower than the established value will not be included within the availability. Leave blank to ignore this setting. The user can customize this setting per customer. To see more information please refer to Customer "Advanced" Setup.
- Rules and Conditions: This information will always be visible during the ordering process. Use this to communicate your sales policies to your customers. This information will display in visual and list versions. For more details please refer to Customer "Advanced" Setup.
- Max Order Days in Advance: Determines the maximum number of days in the future that an order can be placed.
- Hide On Hand Inventory: By enabling this option, the system will hide the On Hand inventory in the E-commerce site for the customers. You may want to enable the Future Inventory or the Vendor Availability in order to allow the customers to purchase something.
- Show Future Inventory: By enabling this option the system will display the Future Inventory in the E-Commerce, as long as there is not Open Market inventory available for that same date. Once the customers purchase Future Sales items, the system will generate a Prebook instead of an invoice.The system will take into account the Max order days in advance to start displaying Future Inventory. Also, the system will take into account the Truck Days After in the Future Sales Settings to determine the number of days that a product will be available in the Future Inventory for E-Commerce.
- E-mail invoice: When checked, the system will e-mail the invoice to the customer as soon as it is approved.
- Don't show "Sell Fast" icon: By enabling this option, the system will not show the red lightning bolt icon on the E-commerce availability screen when products are marked as "Sell Fast". This option is only available in the list customer experience, for more information please refer to Customer "Advanced" Setup.
- Enable Multi-Language: With this option, the system will allow the E-commerce users to view it in any of the different languages currently available. This option is only available in the list customer experience, for more information please refer to Customer Account "Advanced" Setup.
- Allow customers to edit Ship To's: If this option is enabled the customer will be able to edit the Ship To information. This option is only available in the list customer experience, for more information please refer to Customer "Advanced" Setup.
Quantity Cap: This is the maximum quantity that will be displayed for any given item regardless of the total boxes available.
Cut Off: The system allows to set a Cut Off time for shipments per day of the week as well as which carriers are available for the customer to select. To find more information about this option please refer to Setting a Cut Off on E-Commerce.
- Automatic web hold: By enabling this option, the system will automatically place the items on web hold when transferred from the Staging Area to the Inventory. The products will be released at the specified time, depending on the day of the week, set by the user within this setting.
Category exclusions: When you enter product categories in this field, customers will not see them in the E-Commerce.
- Autoconfirm Orders Upon Checkout: When this option is enabled, the system will confirm automatically e-commerce orders upon checkout meaning that it won't be necessary to wait for the salesperson confirmation to completed the process. This setting does not apply for orders of products coming from K2K integration.
Hide "My Account" tab: By enabling this option, the entire My Account tab in the E-commerce will be hidden. This will include the Account Info and Product Packs sections.
In multilocation companies , the setting Hide "My Account" tab will apply for all the locations once it is enabled.
Send Check Out Notification To: You will be able to enter in this field several emails separated by semicolons where the check out notification of e-commerce orders will be sent. Remember this is also configurable on a per customer basis from the Customer Account "Advanced" Setup.
Hide Product with No Pictures: This option applies for the e-commerce visual version and Mobile App. By enabling it, the products locked or without image will be hidden from the e-commerce interface.
Through this option, the system enables E-commerce users to create Prebooks based on Vendor Availability. To have this option active, follow the same steps as above. Select the Vendor Availability link under the "E-commerce Settings":
Keep in mind that it is necessary to create a Price List when activating the option to display Vendor Availability items on E-Commerce. To learn how to create a Price List, please refer to Price lists
Ship Days Offset : The number of days that an E-commerce order with Vendor Availability products must be entered in advance of the ship date.
Quantity Cap: This is the maximum quantity that will be displayed for any given item regardless of the total units available.
Allow to Build Boxes from Items in Units: By enabling this option, the system will allow to build boxes from items in units when customers shop on e-commerce. By leaving this option unchecked, the system will only allow shopping solid boxes.
In multilocation companies, this option is located per location, however, once you've set this option up, it will apply for all the locations.
To configure the above-explained settings in Multilocation companies, follow the next steps.
Go to Setup>>Settings
Click on the Locations tab and select the desired location
Click on E-commerce Settings
Please note that the options Allow to Build Boxes from Items in Units and Hide "My Account" tab will apply the same for all the locations, regardless the location from where they are set up.
The system will display images for all the products regardless their inventory type. The product images can be added from the product setup. Keep in mind the following considerations:
- For K2K, the image displayed on the E-commerce of the Customer Company is the image set up for the product in the Vendor Company. If there is not an image set up in the Vendor Company, the system will display the image set in the Customer Company.
- The image displayed for products coming from VA will be the one set up in the Company.
Instructions to Add a Product Image
Go to the Setup >> Products.
Use the available filters to find the product for which you want to upload an image.
Click on Edit, in the Actions column.
The system will display the Add Product window.
Click on the Upload Product Image link. Search for the product image and click on Upload.
Click on Save to finish.